twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

ADAMANTINE MYERS: Introduction




Adamantine Myers
Introduction
‘There isn’t any single rational reason, beyond the vagueness of reality, to wake up in the morning, and having the drive to be all so well, most of all, going to school, and pretending to be alive. Confusing, but true.”
-          Excerpt from the Emo Book.
“Have you ever tried dipping your fingertips in ice cold water? That paralyzing sensation that runs from your fingers, to your shoulders, then suddenly your whole body starts shivering?”
“I have…”
“Only at this very moment, my whole body’s plunged in freezing water. I could hardly feel my hands nor flutter my feet to rise up. But then I thought this might be a good thing,
Because I was deeply aching inside,
But still I was in fact, frozen numb, my heart, nearly…adamantine.”
Call me Adamantine Myers, not my real name, status - single, alone and unhappy. Just imagine how you look like on a usual lazy Sunday; you woke up late, grabbed a cup of coffee, you walked straight to the couch and watched an epic episode of adventure time on cartoon network and paid no attention on any decent practice of personal hygiene, well I mostly look like that, only, I look like that every day, not just on Sundays.
I have a proper excuse for looking fidgety, I’m in college.
Now you might think I’m the most miserable guy on earth based on my description…I just simply thought of the things that could best describe me, so I came up with such fed-up words. Despite me being explicitly wretched, I try not to suck out the fun from everyone. I also see myself quite wild, and I believe I have quite a gratifying humour. Yeah, I know what you think, I’m just one of the “Unpredictable types”.
“Having fun is far different from being happy.”
Honestly speaking…I might sound overtly shallow, but I haven’t been truly happy for three years now, I counted. Ever since I broke up with my first ever “special someone” three years ago, I’ve never experienced another daydreaming because of late night hi’s and early hello’s.
For other people, happiness is being with their families, being rich and wealthy, being successful, or just being fully contented with what they have. You might think I’m too shallow, but happiness for me is being with people or with that “special someone” who loves and cares for me as I do to them.
Whatever right? No one cares. If you’ve been wondering how my life became this fed-up, well it all started at the most awkward years for most of us, HIGH SCHOOL…

I’ve rehearsed a thousand times
To amend this broken heart of mine,
I kept thinking what’s on your mind,
I just can’t hear the words you say behind.
This sacrifice I give to you,
Will light the path in your journey out of the blue,
Whatever happens I’d still love you.
Though I know I’ll get nothing from you,
I’m still hoping for a love that’s true.

-Excerpts from the Emo book

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here!

 

Blogger templates

Blogroll

About